Vancouver has no shortage of parks, galleries and banquet halls; gorgeous venues for hosting corporate and private events. A simple google search will reward you with no less than a dozen commonly used spaces. But you are not common and neither should your event be.
Whether you are hosting a business sales event or celebrating your nuptials with friends and family the venue you choose should celebrate your uniqueness.
We asked our Event & Sales Manager Heather Wright for her suggestions on ‘Hidden Gem’ venues–stunning locations that have flown below the radar. Below are Heather’s Top 5 picks of lesser known venues:
1. Waterfall Building – Named for it’s minimalist waterfall; award winning architect Arthur Erickson’s Waterfall Building creates a dynamic space ideal for any sophisticated event. The stunning courtyard and glass atrium offer a modern, neutral backdrop allowing the flexibility to add personal touches to your event. The manager is also a pleasure to work with taking a lot of stress out of any event planning.
2. Vancouver Lookout – This venue offers a unique space with fantastic views. Conveniently located downtown the Vancouver Lookout is an ideal location for corporate events with a smaller space for intimate receptions and private meetings. It also hosts a larger space perfect for networking functions, class reunions or modern weddings. We also have to note that Heather is dying to do food stations at 430 ft!
3. Creekside Community Center – A legacy of the 2010 Olympic Games Creekside Community Center is a new venue quickly garnering attention. A beautiful space that is ‘totally WestCoast‘ the Community Center offers amazing views and neutral, flexible spaces at budget-friendly, affordable rates.
4. Jellico Station – As one of the very few venues in North Vancouver, Jellico Station stands out for many reasons. The bright, open rooms with their gorgeous exposed wood beams offer a warm and inviting space to host a variety of events from wedding receptions and retirement dinners to school functions and business award banquets. With three rooms, the venue is ideal for small, intimate functions but has the capacity to host larger events as well.
5. Louis Gervais Bistro – Ok, so maybe this is a tad biased but come down to the Bistro and you might be surprised. By night the modern bistro becomes a unique and flexible venue ideal for cocktail receptions and intimate dinners. Throw open the garage doors to expose the colourful studio kitchen and add an element of entertainment, taking your social event to the next level.
These are just a few of the many, many venues Heather and the team at Louis Gervais Fine Foods has catered events in. For a full list of venues we recommend you can visit our Catering webpage.
Do you have a favourite venue or space? We would love to hear about it!